Friday, February 19, 2010

talking the talk, and walking the walk

"Dear Lord, give me the strength and faith to keep praying for my child. Help me understand, though it might take years, You are a God who hears and answers the prayers of a praying parent. In Jesus' Name, Amen." (taken from http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2010/02/wandering-children.html)

I made a commitment to start praying for my future children when I first got married and when I got pregnant and had Matthew it was so cool to pray specifically for him (and the future kids too still). I know this doesn't mean that all with go perfectly with parenthood, or that my kids will only make the best decisions. But I pray specifically that they will make friends with people who are also Christ-followers. People who strive to serve Christ better, that can be an encouragement to my kids. I pray the same for any one else I'm praying for, because I think that the friends you make are an important factor in who you are. I also pray for their future spouse to be not only a Christ-follower, but to be COMMITTED, and PASSIONATE about their faith in Jesus. I also realize that no matter how much I pray for them, the more important thing is that I am a good example of what a Christian looks like. An everyday Christian, not just a Sunday Christian. Therefore, I do make sure I pray for myself as much as I can!


0 comments:

Post a Comment