Sunday, May 22, 2011

Living

I came across a strangers blog today that really inspired me. It was about all the hype about the rapture. The writer didn't say whether or not she believed the rapture would happen yesterday or not, but she used it as a moment to teach her sixth grade son. She talked to him about how we should live as followers of Christ on a daily basis. I hope that this will be me in 9 or 10 years when my older son is that age.

I leave you with this scripture from my devotion:

The scriptures say: “Do what your king commands; you gave a sacred oath of obedience. Don’t worryingly second-guess your orders or try to back out when the task is unpleasant. You’re serving his pleasure, not yours. The king has the last word. Who dares say to him, ‘What are you doing?’ Carrying out orders won’t hurt you a bit; the wise person obeys promptly and accurately.” (Ecclesiastes 8:2-5, MSG)

0 comments:

Post a Comment