Wednesday, September 16, 2009

today's events

today: met up with my grandparents in Streetsboro while they were on their way from PA to Indiana. It was nice to see them, and they really enjoyed seeing Matthew of course. Maybe we will see them for Thanksgiving?

Met Leah at Bellasano for some lattes. Tried the new pumpkin spice and it was good but maybe needed to be a little sweeter and more pumpkin flavor. I always enjoy time with Leah :)

For dinner I made up my own recipe:
cook chicken on the stove with (canned) jalepenos and garlic seasoning
put in the crock pot with taco seasoning for 1/2 hour (on low)
add white beans and rice pilaf and cook on low for 15 or 20 minutes.

It was very yummy - but spicy. If you dont like spicy, dont do jalepenos, or only a small amount.

we borrowed Jason's truck tonight to pick up Grandma June's kitchen table that Grandma and Grandpa are graciously giving us. Its a lot smaller than the table we were using, but its newer and has 4 chairs (our old one only had 2). I picked some fresh flowers from Grandma June's garden to put on our new table :)

I REALLY REALLY want to paint the apartment since we are going to be here another year...BUT...Im such a procrastinator, plus that would take extra money and time :/

I did just rearrange and even with the new table, Im still not content. Just ready for a big change I guess. Its disappointing that Shaun couldnt get the job he wanted. We are super blessed though. God is so good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment